Friday, June 9, 2017

Just An Overdue Life Update



I was thinking back over the last six months and how crazy busy life has been. I don't even know how it is summer already. Maybe that is a sign of getting older; time just seems to fly by at record speed.

We wrapped up renovations on our Sear's kit house in December and we have really been enjoying living in it. I know I haven't posted an "after" tour here yet (so sorry!), but I promise I will do that soon. In the meantime, you can see lots of pictures of the house over on Instagram under the hashtag #Our1920SearsHouseReno.

Throughout the spring, we worked on some smaller projects like landscaping and painting the deck. Jeff is now working on finishing out the basement (adding two whole bedrooms and a living space!).

Augustine was born in the middle of March and life has been a whole new kind of busy as we adjust to having two kids. And somehow in the craziness of newborn days and keeping a toddler productively occupied, we have decided to put our house on the market this summer. I know, I know...we are crazy, but it is time to move on to the next project - whatever that is!

I also decided to start a little email newsletter for anyone interested in hearing more details about our experiences with renovating/flipping houses. After getting lots of questions about what we do and how we make it work while raising a family, I thought it would be fun to share a bit about our process in a more personal setting. The response has been amazing, and I have loved the emails and direct messages from everyone. If you would like to jump into the discussion, you can either sign up here, or in the box at the very bottom of the page. I won't be posting the material that we discuss here on the blog or anywhere else, so be on the lookout for those emails.

Life is full of different seasons, and each season has its challenges. We have had a few months of (relative) rest as we welcomed little Auggie into our lives and took a bit of a breather from our major house projects and other obligations. With the upcoming sale of our home and moving on to the next house, these next few months are bound to be a crazy ones for us.

Jeff and I were talking about life and future plans the other night, and I told him that I felt so overwhelmed with what needed to happen in the next couple of months. But I totally did this to myself. I agreed to a plethora of opportunities and projects - all of which I am pretty excited about. We have been as intentional as we can be to make the busyness count, and only agree to things that will push us forward. I knew that in order to move forward with plans and to accomplish our goals for this year, I had to get more plates spinning than I knew I could handle. It feels vulnerable and scary. But I think that's okay too.

Along those lines, I've been working on some projects and getting some balls rolling for some exciting things in the next few months. I can't really share much more than that, but I hope to divulge more in the near future.

And maybe I will blog a bit more often ;)

(Image above by my talented friend, Rachel Andersen)


1 comment: