Monday, January 22, 2018

A Big Announcement of Good Things to Come in 2018!



Something pretty exciting has been brewing under the surface over here for a while. 

We are finally announcing some big news, but first let me give you a bit of the backstory....

Back in 2016, I had this idea. It was crazy, but I mulled it over for a bit and then talked with Jeff about it. He thought it was a great idea too, but we both felt that we were nowhere near ready to pursue this dream. 

Have you ever been there? Us dreamers get these wild ideas all the time and it's basically a full time job for our significant other to monitor them and keep us under control. Right? But this time it wasn't just a harebrained idea...it was different! I could FEEL it.

I was in my third trimester with our second son, and we were madly trying to wrap up our biggest renovation project to date. We were spending late nights listening to Jim Gaffigan's comedic routines while we painted...and painted...and painted. We finally had a fully functioning kitchen and we were just getting the drywall dust situation under control. 

Although in those very tiring moments I was ready to throw in the towel and vow to NEVER BUY A RENOVATION PROJECT AGAIN. EVER.
But I didn't. WE didn't.

Because we had a bigger dream growing and thriving in our hearts, and giving up was not an option.

I told a close friend of mine about our wild idea a few months after the initial thought providentially popped into my head. And you know what she said? "Girl, go for it!" I was sitting there holding my newborn son with my dark under eye circles and a slight twinkle in my eye that was more of look of glazed over insanity. I hadn't slept for weeks and my toddler had taken control of the day-to-day household operations - despite my best intentions. 

I replied "You really think so? You don't think we need a few more notches in our belt first?" -- I remember using those exact words, too. And I'm pretty sure I was wiping spit up off of my shirt and dispensing snacks to my toddler. 

I am just a normal mom with big dreams.

After that conversation, I decided that maybe pursuing our dreams sooner than later was really the right thing to do...even though I felt like we were in one of the hardest seasons of our life. With babies and house projects and everything else life was throwing at us - the timing didn't seem ideal. 

But is it ever?

And so we began our run.

Jeff and I are passionate about helping people by teaching what we have learned to lessen their growing pains. But we could never figure out how to combine that with our other passion of "slow flipping" houses - which is what we have dubbed our philosophy of buying a house to renovate while living in it, and then turning around to sell it for a profit after 1-2 years.

But that idea back in 2016 was the beginning of something that we have been working on ever since: an educational e-course called "The Slow Flip Formula." And it is coming alive to the internet and to YOU mid-March of THIS YEAR, 2018.

This course marries our two passions and we are so thrilled to finally be offering this to you.

You can go to our brand spankin' new website - theslowflipformula.com - to read more about what is coming. On the page, you will see that you can enter your email address for a super awesome resource that Jeff and I have put together called our "Guide For Buying Well." 

And believe me, if you think you might ever buy a house, then you will want to get the guide because it is chalk full of GOLD.

It sure feels good to be running hard after something. It hasn't been easy up to this point, but we know that it is worth it. 

I appreciate you cheering us on.




3 comments:

  1. i stumbled upon your IG and I'm hooked! me and my husband have been living with my parents since my husband was finishing up school and we are so close to becoming debt free....we really never had a lot of debt (only cars!) but we are almost done. I am actually an interior designer working for myself so i know all about renovating and meeting budgets but I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY!!! I ALREADY READ YOUR GUIDE TO BUYING WELL AND WE ARE SO EXCITED TO FINALLY BUY OUR FIRST HOME and slowly renovating it and flipping!

    xoxo
    angelica

    www.detailedplusbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. To start building a family is better to start not to have more debts with the things that is not important to have. Thank you for sharing the good thoughts and a big help not for the family matters but also to those who are the singles.

    ReplyDelete